Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Choose Faith

Reading in Mormon today made me a little sad. To read of Mormon's description of just how far the Nephites "fell" They were once taught and blessed by Jesus. He was in their midst and there was not a happier people found, then they became a miserable people, doomed to destruction. I couldn't help but wonder if they were lost forever? They willfully rebelled and passed up so many opportunities to repent, but will they get that chance after death? Will I be more sorrowful after I die to find they were some of my friends in the premortal world?

I thought about my own life and the struggles I have, the struggles those around me have and once again realized how important the teaching is 'to watch and pray always". Satan will never give up trying to bring us down. You are never "safe" enough to let your guard down, your testimony and relationship with Heavenly Father need constant nourishment. I couldn't help but think of Avon and how bizarre the things are in her life right now. We are never too old to be tempted.

So much depends on our action-our desire, our work, our choices. We can't just be idle, we have to seek and knock, experiment and choose. Bishop Edgley urges us to choose faith, a choice of peace and protection. We are promised that we will move mountains-mountains of despair, sin, and pain. Faith is the bridge between the unknown and the known.

I don't know all that lies in store, the struggles or even the blessings that lie hidden ahead. I do know that clinging to my faith, nurturing  it continually, will keep me from following the wrong path. choose faith

No comments:

Post a Comment