Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What I Wish I Could Have Written

from cjane.

"And that is the power of looking back in time. It comes with it enlightenment and clarity. I love the girl I was two years ago,(insert one year for me) but I am glad I am not her in many ways. There was hurting, now there is mending.

I have chosen Healing as a theme for me this year. I want to explore the culture of healing--physically, emotionally, spiritually--the choices, the paths, the outcomes. I hope to hear stories, successes and otherwise, from healers and those seeking out wholeness. I want to mend some of the broken pieces in my own life and achieve health as measured by nothing (not success, not busy-ness, not numbers on a scale) but happiness."

DITTO! I wish I had the words to express what I feel like she expresses what I feel!
I think I will use her idea of healing as a theme, or my word for the year. That or maybe "become". So many of my goals are not checklist type or measurable in that way. I want this year to be better than the last along with me and my family. I want to heal what is broken, and just be or become better.

Elder Richard G Scott
"We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day"

No comments:

Post a Comment