Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kelsey turns 21!

This has been the "Year of Kelsey"--in more ways than one, some difficulties but some wonderful things as well. I guess that is one of the greatest lessons in this life. We learn the most through difficult times and such has been the case this year. She has done a lot of growing up in the last few months and these experiences are the outward evidence of the inner struggles. We have been joking for several weeks now about Kelsey making three major changes in her life almost all at once, turning 21, getting her license and moving away. She has never really done anything in the "ordinary way" I guess that is why her life has been the catalyst for some of my most difficult trials and most exquisite spiritual experiences. What a blessing she has been.

But enough about me--Kelsey has been on the earth for 21 years now!! So today we celebrate a big birthday, but with a private, quiet celebration.

P1030628We went to eat at Olive Garden, her favorite of late and then to see a movie, P1030631the Sorcerers' Apprentice on the Saturday before her birthday. Then for her birthday, the actual day I made her favorite dinner, dessert and was able to pull off a surprise! I ordered an edible bouquet to be delivered after she was off work. She has wanted one of those for years and I thought that 21 deserved something a little extra special! P1030635

And I repeat, what a blessing she has been.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sending me a link! I have missed so much of what you have been doing and I have loved catching up! I just love you so much and have loved feeling more connected through our blogs. I am not good at keeping in touch with any one and I love that I can feel like a part of your world. Love you!

    ReplyDelete