Friday, May 7, 2010

Gila Valley Temple

Monday Teresa, Linda and I got out of the house early and went on a mini road trip to attend the open house for the newest southern Arizona Temple in Gila Valley. We had a fun visit during the drive to and from.special friends wmI loved the colors that they chose to decorate with. I have been looking at similar colors for our master bedroom and I will look to the temple for my inspiration. Hey, that sounds like a good idea for a lot of things! I won't be able to use the same lighting fixtures, however. The chandeliers in the sealing room and in the celestial room were absolutely breathtaking; different from the Mesa Temple or anything else that I can recall right now. There was beautiful artwork adorning the walls, but the mural in the 1st instruction room was by far my favorite. The guide said it was box canyon and it felt like you were standing outside, taking in a panoramic view.gila valley temple wmI am so grateful for temples and that I am able to live so close to attend often. And I can't wait till we have one here in Tucson, too!

Oh and next road trip? Nauvoo Temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment