Friday, March 18, 2011

Work: A Thing of Beauty

I wish I could get to Japan. I would love to work and help them clean up.

One thing I know how to do it work. I love to work. Even when it is hard.

And I love the results you can see from hard work.

Last week we spent several hours helping out at an eagle project. The main goal was to clear and create a safe walkway for the children being dropped off and picked up. Ironwood Elementary was the setting where a “transformation” took place. Many, many hands came together and created something beautiful, where before there was overgrown desert and trash.

Here are before and after shotsbegin

after

And some of the fun along the waychain gangluke laying rocks

Thinking about Japan today brought these images to mind. Many people working together for a good cause is a thing of beauty.

I am amazed at the Japanese people, their example of how to act in crisis. And I imagine watching them work together--many, many hands cleaning up and working hard—will be another example of just what can be accomplished.

I just wish my hands could be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment