Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thankful-Day 2

The Nephites surely did need a prophet. With signs appearing in the skies Satan is still able to get many to believe that it was somehow manmade or....what could possibly be said to make you disbelieve? I can't help but wonder. But more importantly, what does their example teach me? I believe a prophet and apostles walk the earth today, but I think I may take that knowledge for granted. I want to make my actions in following the prophets more consistent with the love I feel for them. I want to be a better hearkener--is that a word?

Here is something I read from an apostle today-one of my favorites. Neal A Maxwell said that "temple work is not an escape from the world but a reinforcing of our need to better the world while preparing ourselves for another and far better world. Thus, being in the Lord's house can help us to be different from the world in order to make more difference in the world." day 2

Maybe it was being in the mindset of the elections, but that statement really struck me. I often refer to the temple as an escape from the world and have heard that same feeling from many others. I am going to try to follow that council and look at the temple and the work that is done there in a different light. I will use that to inspire to me to make the world around me just a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment