Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Day 4

day 4 In my reading I wrote down: "Enemies" referred to in the scriptures can be physical and spiritual. We are saved from everlasting destruction through the Grace of Jesus Christ and our humility to accept that gift and repent of our sins.

That made me think of some lyrics from one of my favorite 100 songs right now--I love music.

Sometimes I feel as cold as steel
And broken like I'm never going to heal
I see a light
A little grace, a little faith unfurled
Hello world
All the empty disappears
I remember why I'm here
Just surrender and believe
I fall down on my knees
Oh hello world

I love music for how it makes you feel, but my favorite thing is that sometimes a song can say what your heart feels and you don't have the words for. This song says that, it ends with faith and a prayer to heaven for thanks that all is well. This world is a blessing and we are here for a purpose, but thank goodness this is not the end of the story or the whole picture. Sometimes this world is so cold, lonely, and just plain hard. The peace that comes from the Savior is truly the only thing that can break through the negative things that this world sometimes offers. I am grateful that there are moments where we can feel peace, true happiness and the sense of what life is all about. And I LOVE that there will be time after this life for more healing, no more tears or sorrows just an eternal "all is well".

No comments:

Post a Comment