Friday, November 5, 2010

Thankful Day 5

Miracles Happen.day 5a

Yesterday, Mariah texted this to her mom: "Tender mercies and miracles are still being enjoyed in this day and age. I am so grateful for all of our blessings and our Heavenly Father's guiding hand in our lives." Lynneah came out of surgery doing great. There is still a long recovery, but she truly is a miracle. They have been watched over from the very beginning of this. As I have been watching this miracle unfold in their lives it has made my heart swell with gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father. I cried as I prayed last night just because I am so grateful to know that He is really in the Heavens and more importantly that He is involved in our lives. And grateful for His Son, who performs a miracle every time we seek His divine gift

Then as I read this verse this morning-3 Nephi 5:4-I thought of the Atonement again. I wrote that the fact that they could teach those who had hurt them so badly and then let them go free is quite a testimony to their belief in the Savior and the power of the Atonement. I thought of the hurts that I have felt and I know that if they can forgive those robbers, I can forgive others too and myself. I also thought of Kelly and his service as the bishop and how many times he has borne his testimony of the power of the atonement. What a blessing to be able to be such an intimate part of that process.

No comments:

Post a Comment