Monday, November 1, 2010

Thankful

Day 1--I am thankful for daughters who are good examples and who teach me. I talked to Kelsey today and she told me she was starting something new in her journal. Everyday she was going to write about something she learned in the scriptures, blessings that she used during the day and something that she was thankful for. What great things to focus on! I am going to do the same thing and add one more thing looking for ways that the Holy Ghost prompted me. My ultimate goal would be that I could list several examples in each category...but I doubt I will be able to here at the start. But that will come with the practice of looking for it. I know I can find at least one thing to be thankful for each day, and I will add the others as I can.

day 1 Today as I read in 3 Nephi, I couldn't believe how quickly then Nephites forgot the signs of Christ's' birth, only 15 years and they were ready to listen to Satan and make up reasons as to why those signs had appeared. I felt sorry for them, disappointed...and a little judgmental. Then I began to think of things that have happened in my life and how quick I have been to forget--prayers that were answered, promises I made and impressions that I meant to follow. Good thing the Nephites are there to remind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment