Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hold On-A Little Longer

That is going to be my new motto! And if it sounds familiar you are right, I am plagiarizing Elder Uchtdorf. His message in the Ensign this month is short, but powerful.

It is one thing to feel the Spirit confirm to you that the apostles are called of God. A very good thing, don't get me wrong. And you feel this instant connection because of that. Today as I read and was touched by his words. I felt a sense of gratitude that the feelings don't just end with the knowledge that he is an apostle. Elder Uchtdorf is becoming very dear to me, as is Pres. Monson and Elder Eyering. Because their words touch my heart, I know better that Heavenly Father loves me. And when they help you feel that, you can't help but love them for it!

My favorite sentence out of the article: "The testimony that we recapture day by day is the thing that saves us from the pitfalls of the adversary". That is why we are told to read and pray everyday, and reminded frequently to do those things. It is that important. We need constant nourishment and feel the Lord in our lives everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment