Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Very Own Miracle

I know some may think it just a coincidence, but I firmly believe that Kelly and I were given a miracle. It happened on Saturday. On our way to the temple. We didn't realize that the freeway was going to have a detour and by the time we got through all that, there was no way we were going to make it to the temple for the right session. Looking at the clock, there was no way.  You see we wanted to be there for the 3PM session so that we could be there with a young man in our ward, Chris, who is preparing for his mission to Mexico. He would only have his "ward family" support today and Kelly really wanted to be there. But breaking the law by speeding wasn't really a good option. We decided to go anyway, since attending the temple is always a good idea and we were on the road. I did have some thoughts of using the time for my sacrament meeting talk, but quickly cast those aside. That was when I decided to just say a prayer and explain all of those things to Heavenly Father. I told him I didn't have a solution, only that I knew if He wanted us there it would work.

As we walked into the temple. We saw Chris and Jordan, being led from the chapel to the endowment room. We smiled and waved, so that he would know that we tried! As I walked into the temple dressing room. One of the temple workers, was just looking at her watch and I heard her say " well, there are only 4 minutes till the session starts, so I think we are about done here". That was when I gave up for sure. There was no way I could change and get ready and be in the waiting room in time. But Kelly had said to change fast and meet him, so I did. When we arrived at the waiting room, it was full! No one had left yet and it was after 3. We sat and waited for a few more minutes and then we were led to our session. It started a little late, but it was the right one!

Coincidence? Nope, I say tender mercy. Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment