Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wait!

I am so behind! I feel like I need a few more days before I can really embrace this new year and the beginning of a new decade! I still have some things to finish for '09--like posting about Christmas and New Year's so that my blog book is complete. I am cheating and posting them with December's dates. And that is only one example! I keep thinking like the little engine that could and just keep reminding myself that I can do it, keep plugging away, but feeling anxious all the same. I want to have time to think about what I want the end of this year to look like and make some plans and goals to make that happen. So many ideas, so many things I want to try and yet I still need to get Christmas put away. So I find myself thinking into the time machine--Wait! I need more time!

Then, last night as Kelly and I read scriptures and discussed them peace. Ahhh...peace. And I remember, that if the constants remain constant there is peace. And I can just keep adding items to my list, prioritizing and crossing things off. Who says you can't post blog entries into last year? A new year is the continuation of what I am already doing that is good and a chance to re-evaluate the things I want to change and organize those things into goals.

This morning I read this on my friends' blog: So here is to the New Year . . . and may it be a good one, in all the ways that we wish. May focus become a characteristic that is consistent, and may a loving Heavenly Father be sought when our own strength isn't enough. I know that He is eagerly waiting to hear from and strengthen us in all worthy endeavors that we seek.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment