Saturday, January 23, 2010

Nature's Temper Tantrum

I made it outside to do my exercises today...it has been awhile. Not exercise, but doing that outside. I finally got to use my new mp3 player that Kelly got me for Christmas with my "Running" playlist I made. I don't run that much, but a good beat helps me keep my walking pace up too. I was disappointed in my run portion, I couldn't go as far as I was doing before the cruise. It was a good lesson for me to remember that if you are not working at progressing, than you are regressing!

It felt great to be out after our big winter storm. It was chilly with a slight breeze and the clouds were beautiful. I could see snow on the mountains. Too bad we are booked with helping someone move and cleaning the church tomorrow or there would definitely be a snow trip to blog about. hopefully it will stick around long enough to make that happen. And last night they predicted we may even get snow down here in the valley. I was so excited I jumped on my bed! I won't hold my breath, but I will keep my fingers crossed!

I finished this project and got it all hung up in my hallway! I was hoping to use the black and whites I have of my grandma in the frame, but they were the wrong fit. And it is hard to see the white frame on the wall, but I still like it. hall

Can't remember where I read this, but I read this somewhere this week. It is from President Faust: "In the pain, the agony, and the heroic endeavors of life, we pass through a refiner's fire, and the insignificant and the unimportant in our lives can melt away like dross and make our faith bright, intact, and strong."

I wondered what is meant by heroic efforts. Does that only include crossing the plains or are my efforts considered heroic? I mean really my life compared to crossing the plains is no contest. I am so blessed. I have a great life. I am grateful for those blessings and try to remember them always. Yet, it isn't free of trials or inner struggles that sometimes seem life a refiners fire! So I went to lds.org and looked up the reference. And found great words of wisdom and comfort. http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=fc48092480e6c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

I wrote this quote down this week as well, and it fits

Where there is life there is HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment