Saturday, January 2, 2010

Temple Lights

family at lights We decided to get a jump start on a our Christmas vacation and drive to Goodyear on Thursday night. There were three benefits that we could see:

  • it meant the vacation started a few hours earlier
  • we could see the lights at the Mesa Temple and
  • travel time to So Cal was cut down

So, after work, we loaded the car and we were off--hardly able to contain our excitement!

az temple The Mesa Temple was so beautiful--a dazzling display of lights and the nativity story. I nativityhaven't been in a couple of years, but it seemed to me that there were more lights than before. I was excited to hear that their was a display of nativities from around the world in the visitors center. I love nativities and have a collection of my own. I try to find different kinds and I even have a few, (very few),wise men from other countries! The display at the temple was so fun to see. It was amazing to see the creations, and to imagine the time and effort it took to make them. One of my very favorites were these Wiseman. I really wanted to take them home with me. I asked a question I often my husband...Honey, do you think we could figure out how to make that?

No comments:

Post a Comment