Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Puerto Vallarta

Our first stop was beautiful Puerto Vallarta. ready for Puerta Vallarta This was my favorite place. I think it is one of the most beautiful places I have been to. We didn't get to see much of the city, so my view could be a little skewed. Plus, the places I have been to is a very short list. I think I would like to go back, though and see more of it. I loved how the mountains flowed down into the ocean. The mountains were so green an lush. We had to wait parrotfor our tour to gather, but didn't feel like we had enough time to go exploring, so we made do with a little sight-seeing around the port area. Kelsey was able to hold a parrot.

We spent our time on another boat, only much smaller, looking for whales. boat rideWhale watching was high on our list to do and it was

fab-u-lous!

Our guide for the whale watching was a zoologist, and her passion is: humpback whales. We learned so much from her and she was very entertaining! Every year, between December thru March Humpback Whales migrate to the calm waters of Banderas Bay to mate and give birth. That means it was the perfect time and the perfect place, so there were many whales and they were pretty active. We saw so many whales, up close and personal. I wouldn't want them any closer, I don't think. We followed some around and even began recognizing some of the same whales when they would surface.

It was AMAZING! And Kelly got some GREAT shots! This first one is one of my favorites.whale tail fin whale watching whale in Puerta Vallartahumbacks of Puerta Vallarta

Kelly made a video of some of our pictures and video that we took and I will try to get a link to that so that you can watch it. One viewer gave Kelly an outstanding review when she said "it never gets old"!

No comments:

Post a Comment